- Read and reply to unlimited messages.
- See photos of matches.
- Filter matches by interest and location.
- View expansive personality profiles, including full compatibility quiz results.
- See who viewed your profile.
- Receive regular profile reviews by eHarmony dating experts.
- Update matches regularly.
Users can make a one-time payment for the full length of the subscription or pay on a monthly basis. There may be a welcome offer when you sign up, discounting the first few months of the subscription.
eHarmony Subscription Pricing
Tip: There are often coupons available for eHarmony on Groupon. Additionally, friends or family may also purchase subscriptions as a gift.
There is a three day free trial period to determine if the service is for you. Once this grace period expires, users may not receive a refund for the service. While users may cancel the subscription at any time if they prefer to, they will not receive a refund for the duration of the subscription. Additionally, service automatically renews at the end of a subscription. eHarmony sends emails to remind users when their subscription is about to end but make sure to keep track of your subscription.
How to Find Matches
eHarmony is unique among dating sites because it does not require you to search profiles in order to find matches. There is no “swipe” functionality on eHarmony that requires users to select matches based on appearance or common interests. Instead, the compatibility test mathematically calculates your compatibility with others and shows you matches likely to interest you.
The personality profile is the core component of eHarmony. Profiles are divided into three sections: a personally curated “about” page, photos, and a personality profile based on compatibility quiz results. The about section allows you to enter information about yourself, including a personal quote, hobbies, interests, and art you may enjoy. This section also includes a section of prompts (such as what your perfect day might be) to help you describe yourself further. The more questions you answer, the more likely you will find a match with similar interests.
When you match with someone, you can view your “compatibility score” with them based on the data aggregated from your personality profiles. This score reflects the compatibility quiz results and takes into account each of your personality traits and communication styles. This reduces the amount of effort on your part. Your best matches appear on the homepage when you sign into the service. Once you see someone you like, you can message them directly from their profile.
Since its inception, online dating has evolved to create more meaningful personal interactions. eHarmony, in particular, has many features that help people connect once they’ve matched.
The premium tiers of eHarmony have more advanced features designed to help people connect authentically. Here are some that I found the most useful:
- Messages: Messaging is the primary communication tool on eHarmony. In order to communicate with any match, you must first send them a message. The website features a dedicated inbox and even offers “guided communication” or pre-written questions to help you start the conversation.
- Video date: Premium members can go on “virtual” video dates on mobile devices or desktop computers. This allows users to meet and speak to one another without leaving the comfort of their homes. This is a great feature for those who want to connect with a match initially without revealing phone numbers before committing to an in-person date.
- Icebreakers: The free icebreaker feature allows you to start a conversation with a match without writing a message to start the conversation. Each user will be presented with five pairs of images and a prompt to select their preferred image to help “break the ice” and start a conversation.